Analysis of the social and professional structure of the HIV-infected in a region with high HIV prevalence rates in case of the Tyumen Region
Kondratova S.E., Marchenko A.N., Egorova M.S.
1) Branch «Hospital», Primary Healthcare Unit Seventy-Two, Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Tyumen, Russia;
2) Tyumen State Medical University, Ministry of Health of Russia, Tyumen, Russia;
3) Center for AIDS Prevention and Control, Tyumen, Russia
Objective. To analyze the social and professional composition of HIV-infected people in the Tyumen Region in the period 1993 to 2018.
Materials and methods. Descriptive, evaluative, epidemiological, and statistical studies were used.
Results. The HIV-infected mainly included unemployed people over the age of 18 years (46.1%), working people (35.6%), and convicts (16.3%). Among the working people, laborers constituted a major proportion (20.6%) Over a long period of time, the lowest growth rate was registered in a group of the unemployed (9.6%); the highest one was in a group of pensioners (by 52.8%).
Conclusion. The risk of HIV infection exists in any social and professional group. Noteworthy is the high rate of HIV spread among the working population and pensioners, who until a certain time were not a social group requiring a close attention from a sanitary and epidemiological service. The identification of HIV-infected people in all social and professional groups confirms an indisputable fact: there are no «atypical» groups for HIV.
- Istomin P.V., Marchenko A.N. [Competence of the indigenous population of the Arctic zone of Russia on the threats of HIV infection]. In: Collection of reports of the XXI International scientific-practical conference «Vodnye resursy – osnova ustojchivogo razvitiya poselenij Sibiri i Arktiki v XXI veke». Vol. III. Tyumen’, 2019; 359 –65. (In Russ.).
- Reshetnikov A.V., Pavlov S.V., Prisyazhnaya N.V. [Socialy constructed image of HIV-infected]. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya 2018; (6): 134–40. https://www.libnauka.ru/item.php?doi=10.7868/ S0132162518060120. (In Russ.).
- Ivanеts N.N., Kuklin А.А., Koshkina E.А. (eds.). [Social cost of drug addiction in the Ural Federal district]. Moscow: Institute for the economy Uro RAN. Yekaterinburg. 2005. 195 p. (In Russ.).
- Broz D., Pham H., Spiller M, Wejnert C., Le B., Neaigus A., Paz-Bailey G. Prevalence of HIV infection and risk behaviors among younger and older injecting drug users in the United States, 2009. AIDS Behav 2014; 18 (Suppl. 3): 284–96. DOI: 10.1007/s10461-013-0660-4
- Mazus A.I., Zelenev V.V., Leven I.I. [Socio-economic characteristics of persons with risky behaviour in the context of the threat of HIV/AIDS]. Problemy upravleniya zdravookhraneniem 2008; (5): 78–81. (In Russ.).
- [Prevention of infectious diseases. Epidemiological surveillance of HIV infection. Methodological Guidelines MU 3.1.3342-16.]. Moscow, 2016. https://legalacts.ru/doc/mu-313342-16-31-profilaktika-infektsionnykh-boleznei-epidemiologicheskii/ (In Russ.).
- Sidorov P.I., Novikova I.A. (eds.) [System monitoring of social ailments]. Narkologiya 2007; (8): 11–20. (In Russ.).
- [Epidemiologiya. Prevention of infectious diseases. Рrevention of HIV infection. Methodical Recommendation МR 3.1.0087–14.]. Moscow, 2016. http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200111710 (In Russ.).
- Duff P., Shoveller J., Dobrer S., Ogilvie G., Montaner J., Chettiar J., Shannon K. The relationship between social, policy and physical venue features and social cohesion on condom use for pregnancy prevention among sex workers: a safer indoor work environment scale. J Epidemiology Community Health 2015; 69(7): 666–72. DOI: 10.1136/jech-2014-204427.
- Mazus A.I., Pronin A.Yu., Kaminskiy G.D., Bogorodskaya E.M., Bessarab T.P., Tsyganova E.V., Olshanskiy A.Ya., Golokhvastova E.L., Sinitsyn M.V., Khalilulin T.R., Shimonova T.E., Orlova-Morozova E.A., Serebryakov E.M., Nabiullina D.R. [Clinical guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of HIV infection in adults]. Moscow, 2014. https://docplayer.ru/70369880-Klinicheskie-rekomendacii-po-diagnostike-lecheniyu-i-profilaktike-vich-infekcii-u-vzroslyh.html (In Russ.).
About the Autors
Svetlana Е. Kondratova, Infectiologist, Branch «Hospital», Primary Healthcare Unit Seventy-Two, Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Tyumen, Russia; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6385-7624
Aleksandr N. Marchenko, MD, Head, Department of Hygiene, Ecology, and Epidemiology, Tyumen State Medical University, Ministry of Health of Russia, Tyumen, Russia; e-mail: email@example.com
Marina S. Egorova, Epidemiologist, Center for AIDS Prevention and Control, Tyumen, Russia; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org