Possible ways of developing the prevention of dental diseases among adult population with infectious diseases
Sorokina A.A., Losev F.F., Vagner V.D.
Central Research Institute of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ministry of Health of Russia, Moscow, Russia
Objective. To identify the opportunities of implementing preventive dental programs in order to improve the organization of dental care for adults in an infectious diseases hospital.
Materials and methods. The authors analyzed the legal framework and regulatory legal support of the prevention of dental diseases and for the formation of a healthy lifestyle in the adult population of Russia, which involved 8 Federal Laws of the Russian Federation (RF), 2 Decrees by the RF President, 10 resolutions of the RF Government, 26 orders of the RF Ministry of Health, 4 orders of the Russian Federal State Statistics Service, and 3 Federal Statistical Follow-Up forms.
Results. The analysis of current legislative and regulatory legal documents governing the organization of medical care to adult patients treated in the infectious diseases units showed that the work of a dentist envisaged both therapeutic-and-diagnostic and prophylactic activities in an inpatient setting.
Conclusion. Legislation defining the rights and obligations of healthcare facilities and workers in preventive activities allows the development and introduction of preventive dental programs in an infectious diseases hospital.
- Avraamova O.G. [Improving the dental health of the Russian population as a result of the priority of prevention, clinical examination and education of a healthy lifestyle]. Krymskij terapevticheskij zhurnal 2016; 3(30): 6–10. (In Russ.).
- Ivanova M.A., Vorob’ev M.V., Luzko V.V. [Safety of dentists and their patients during specialized medical care]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya 2014; (1). http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/ view?id=12092
- Kulakov A.A., Butova V.G., Gvetadze R.Sh., Andreeva S.N. [Legal and regulatory framework governing control of the quality and safety of medical activities]. Stomatologiya 2018; 97(2): 4–7. (In Russ.).
- Shestakova I.V., Yushchuk N.D., Balmasova I.P. [Oral infections]. Stomatologiya 2014; 93(1): 64–71. (In Russ.).
- Bogomolov B.P., Sorokina A.A. [On the organization of dental care to patients at the infectious diseases department of a multi-field clinical hospital]. Klinicheskij opyt Dvadcatki 2013; 3(19): 29–31. (In Russ.).
- Vagner V.D., Avraamova O.G., Sarap L.R., Shevchenko O.V., Dmitrova A.G. [Legislative and regulatory legal support of preventive activities]. Institut stomatologii 2015; 1(66): 23–5. (In Russ.).
- Leont’ev V.K., Avraamova O.G., Malyi A.U., Stepanova U.S. [On a strategy to reduce the incidence of dental caries in Russia in the context of a shortage of public funding of dentistry]. Institut stomatologii 2018; 1(80): 13–5. (In Russ.).
- Yushchuk N.D., Ulumbekova G.E., Palevskaya S.A., Ginoyan A.B., Kalashnikova A.V., Akberdieva E.A. [Analysis of the main indicators of infectious service in the Russian Federation]. Infekcionnye bolezni: novosti, mneniya, obuchenie 2016; 3(16): 13–23. (In Russ.).
- Avraamova O.G., Sorokina A.A., Losev F.F. [Regulatory legal framework governing the development and implementation of preventive dental programs for infectious patients]. Institut stomatologii 2018; 3(80): 40–1. (In Russ.).
About the Autors
Anastasia A. Sorokina, Cand. Med. Sci., Associate Professor, Department of Dentistry, Central State Medical Academy, Presidential Administration of the Russian Federation, Moscow Presidential Affairs, Моscow, Russia; e-mail: email@example.com; ORCID: orcid.org/0000-0003-0411-9837
Prof. Fedor F. Losev, MD, Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation, Deputy Director for Innovative and Information Technologies, Central Research Institute of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ministry of Health of Russia, Моscow, Russia; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Vladimir D. Vagner, MD, Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation, Head, Department for Organization of Dental Services, Licensing, and Accreditation, Central Research Institute of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ministry of Health of Russia, Моscow, Russia; e-mail: email@example.com